Professor Fadel Shabeeb, MD, FACS, FASCRS is a Clinical Professor and Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon. Prior joining SGH, Professor Shabeeb worked as Consultant Colorectal surgeon at North Cumbria Integrated Health care NHS England United Kingdom and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi.
He specializes in Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgery, with a focus on Robotic and Laparoscopic colorectal resections for cancers and other bowel pathology, anorectal, pelvic floor disorders and bowel cancer screening.
He has been involved in mentoring and teaching medical students and surgical residents and held many academic positions in different world-class
universities such as Case western Reserve University, Ohio USA, Monash University Malaysia and Khalifa University, UAE. He participated in multiple
studies to achieve the development of high-quality education and the formation of
a strong foundation for the development of effective patient care.
Professor Shabeeb is a Fellow American society of colorectal surgeon (FASCRS), Fellow American College of Surgeon (FACS) and currently serves as Treasurer and Secretary, American College of Surgeons, UAE Chapter
Professor Shabeeb believes in patient cantered and patient first care, promoting
patients’ understanding of their disease process, the role of surgery, and setting their expectations. He values teamwork (including the patients) and multidisciplinary specialty care.
- Clinical Professor of Surgery, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio USA
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Surgery, Khalifa University, UAE
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Surgery, Gulf Medical University, UAE
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow of American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS)
- Committee member on Robotic Surgery, Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Committee member on Communications, Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Secretary and Treasurer, American College of Surgeons, United Arab Emirates Chapter
- Certified da Vinci Robotic Surgical system Console Surgeon
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Diploma, University of Strasbourg, France
- Certified Surgical Coach, The Academy for Surgical Coaching USA
- Reviewer, Journal of Surgical Endoscopy